WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Monday, January 11, 2010

maybe there IS hope!



I am a notorious plant killer.

There, I've admitted it.  Since starting college (12 years ago), I have probably bought and KILLED wayyyy more than 50 poor - helpless - unsuspecting plants.  When I buy a new one, my closest friends all joke about the poor plant's death sentence. ... It's really quite sad.  What's even sadder is that for the most part I hate fake plants, so I keep on buying live ones.

(I have no idea how I expect to keep a vegetable garden alive a whole season...)

Last year my former college roommates gave me a christmas cactus.  It was bursting out of the pot, and probably had two dozen blooms on it - proof that it was VERY healthy.  I had commented at one of their homes once how beautiful I thought hers was, and they thought since this one was so alive, that maybe it'd survive longer than just a month with my black thumb.

Since it was so root-bound, I repotted it - leaving 2/3 of it in one pot, and putting the smaller section in it's own little bit of soil.  Before too long, all the beautiful blooms fell - and I was convinced that once again I was to blame.  Knowing nothing about plants, I decided to just leave it alone - and water it every now and then.  Spring turned to Summer - Summer to Autumn - and soon it was Christmas.  I was hopeful, that true to its name it would bloom in time for the festivities.  But, Christmas came and went with still no blooms.

Earlier this week I went to water the little guy, and guess what was awaiting me .....



ONE BEAUTIFUL BLOOM!!!!

Maybe there is hope for me after all!  It's January - the month of new beginnings.  How appropriate.

No comments: