WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's never too early to start

I'm a firm believer that kids SHOULD do what they CAN do.  As a mom, I'm doing them (and me) a huge disservice if I do everything for them.  Alex is about to turn 5, and he knows that he'll be starting more "chores" at that point.  I definitely think kids should be KIDS - not "servants."  But he's old enough to make his bed, clear the table, put away his clean clothes, etc.

A couple weeks ago a friend came to help me with some cleaning at the house, and Harrison pitched right in.  Not knowing where I stood on the issue, she asked if/what he was allowed to help with.  I very much appreciated her inquiry - because different people have different stances on the topic.  Personally, I think he's too young to use the cleaning supplies, so he was given a "baby wipe" to use.  And, he went to town!  A bit later, he also helped me (with a pledge wipe) dust the entire staircase (spindles and all).



(by the way - he's now officially "binky free" - YAY!)




Train a child in the way he should go,
and when he is old he will not turn from it.
(Proverbs 22:6)

No comments: