WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Winter Wonderland

It's snowing - as I'm sure you already know. Most of the East Coast is getting dumped on! (yippee!) The neighbors told us this morning that this could very well be the ONLY snow we get this winter - something about the direction of wind and side of the mountain we're on.

So, this morning (while I slept in a little), Aaron and Alex went outside like responsible men to start shoveling. We currently have 3 inches, but it's hasn't slowed yet.

While they shoveled, Harrison watched cartoons on my bed while I slept some more (I know, shame on me), but I must have actually fallen back asleep, because when I woke up I immediately recognized that sound.... I went to investigate, and opened the partially shut bathroom door. Sure enough - he had put almost an entire roll of toilet paper in the toilet and was fishing it out. (eeewwwwwwwwww) Before I could even open my mouth to scold him, HE pointed at the toilet, said "no touch" and walked away from it. (Well, he obviously KNEW he wasn't supposed to be doing that. Sigh. I thought we were past this stage.)

After a thorough sanitization (yes, I just made that word up), Harrison and I went downstairs for breakfast and COFFEE! As I opened the blind to watch the beautiful snow, I saw my fabulous husband sledding with Alex and the neighbor boy. (I have such a great husband!)



After almost two hours of fun, the boys were definitely ready for some yummy hot cocoa! (Excuse our practically empty basement - we need to do some serious shopping one of these months.)


After warming up, and getting lunch, the guys will be heading out again soon. YIPPEE for Christmas snow!

No comments: