WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

'Twas the night before Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas,

when all through the house

not a creature was stirring,

not even a mouse;

Thanks to the Orkin man!

Yesterday marked the one month anniversary of us moving to Dogwood. A couple weeks ago when I was doing laundry I thought I heard scampering in the walls. But since we didn't see any evidence of little four-legged roommates, Aaron thought it was just my imagination. Over the weekend Aaron pulled down a bit of insulation that was in between some ceiling studs in the basement storage area. With the insulation came lots of evidence - lots of droppings. (The insulation just happened to be underneath the laundry room too!) Well, I was thoroughly disgusted!!!!

And so it was that I began to plan the mass extermination - genocide - utter and complete annihilation of our unwelcome housemates. This morning the Orkin man came to my rescue. Perhaps we could have gotten rid of them ourselves for less money. But I fully intend to have a picture-book perfect Christmas this year - and even storybooks insist that mice quite simply aren't invited!

So, thank you, Mr. Orkin man. Thank you for coming the very next day - I'll sleep so much better tonight! Thank you for being an accomplice to murder - I doubt anyone's gonna press charges for this one. And thank you for complimenting my Christmas decorations (and even asking where I bought some of them 'cause you think your "wife would simply love them" too!). (Those of you on Facebook can fully appreciate my excitement in his complimenting my decorations! It was SO worth staying up late to get the tree done!) Thank you for helping us have a very Merry (mouse-free) Christmas! After all, in my mind the problem is completely taken care of now that you've been here and done your thing. Mice ... what mice?

"Happy Christmas to all,

and to all a good-night."

No comments: