WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Paper-Cuts

Today's Christmas Tradition: finish the cards.

I always mail them the Monday after Thanksgiving. But, this year they're still not even finished. Sigh - I'm officially slipping, folks! ... I'm gonna claim "two hospital stays and moving across state all within the past six weeks" as my excuse, but really there isn't any good excuse - just poor time management. Last night Aaron and I started them, and today I plan to finish. This year we're sending 148 (down from last year's 175).

Here's a tip for the budget-minded. I always buy my Christmas cards the end of January for the coming year. That way they've always been between 75-90% off! Now, that's thinking ahead. (wink wink)

So, as you can see the table's all set..... The envelopes have been addressed and stamped. The cards have been signed (sorry - no personal note this year). Aaron even signs his own name each year, but I haven't asked the boys to do that yet. The photos have been printed and labeled. The letter has been written and folded. The cookies (thank you, Journey Group!) are waiting to be devoured, and the (Nestle) peppermint mocha coffee is still steaming. And for those of you less technically-savvy, the Blackberry is there so I can listen to free Christmas music on Pandora. (Since Aaron introduced me to Pandora this past year, I haven't even looked for the box with our Christmas cds yet.)

So, all that remains is the inevitable paper-cuts. Wish me luck!

No comments: