I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...


Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Morning

Christmas "morning" always ends up taking all day, because after each gift's opened the boys always want to play with it before opening the next one.  That's actually a tradition that ALEX instituted a couple years ago - he flat out refused to open the next gift till he got to play. We're thrilled that he's excited by the gift, and not just by the whole pile, so we're more than happy to accommodate!  This year "Christmas" started around 9 am, and the last gift was opened just before bed at around 8:30 pm.

We haven't pulled out any paints since we moved, so Alex was super excited to get a set he was allowed to use right away!

"This is SO cool!"

Zoom - zoom!

Ummmm - I think someone's been indoctrinated by his older brother who's still madly in love with trains!

"Harrison, you're not allowed to play with the croak-kett EVER.  See - it has MY name on it, not yours!"

Not sure which Harrison liked more - the lincoln log set inside, or the backpack they came in!

In the end, the logs won.

Alex had one of these ball poppers when he was a toddler, and it was his favorite toy for well over a year!  Finally it broke, and he was devastated.  I think HE was more excited that Harrison got one, than Harrison was!  Guess all those good feelings bubbled back to the surface!

Hmmmmm.  We need to work on teaching him the various sports.  He kept trying to play GOLF.

But, true to his age, Harrison had almost as much fun investigating empty boxes as he did with the toys that came in them!

"Santa brought me a wii game!"  "Wait - he FORGOT the rest of it!  Oh no!  Do I have to wait till he comes back NEXT YEAR to play with it??????"

"Yayyyyyyyyy!  Santa didn't forget the rest!"

(And so began an hour long play session before opening any more gifts ...)

Finally it was stocking time.


It was a wonderful day,
filled with VERY happy, VERY excited boys!

No comments: