WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Revenge of the Murals

When we moved in we promised each other we wouldn't start painting till at least January. Well, that's only two weeks away, so I've started working on that huge project. I haven't gotten out any rollers yet, but I need to figure out colors, etc. I've decided colors for 3 rooms so far - hopefully I'll get to the paint store and narrow down the swatches by the end of the week.

So .... remember all the wall decals (murals) that are all over our new house? After speaking to neighbors, we learned that they were put on by the original owners of the house - "the sisters." Well, I've done some research on how to get rid of them - peel them off, cover them up, whatever.

We have to sand them off and retexture the walls-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s.

Ummmmm - no wonder the last owner decided not to deal with them....... There's a dozen of these hideous things all over the house! How are we supposed to get the retextured areas to match the rest of the space? Are we supposed to retexture the ENTIRE wall??? I mean ALL 12 WALLS????? One of the walls is almost 2 stories high!

I think I want to buy a different house.... Anyone out there looking to buy a 4 bedroom house with a yard just outside Pittsburgh?

We're NOT just gonna live with these horrible mural things. But this means that the rooms that should take just a day or so to paint are now gonna be huge projects. I'm tired just thinking about it. This definitely changes my mind as to which rooms get painted first.

Please - for the sanity of whoever buys YOUR house next - don't use these things - they seem to be almost as much work to get rid of as wallpaper. Oh - yeah, we have that too, don't we? This means that HALF of the rooms in this house now need "wall work" before we can even think of painting. Suddenly the project list for this house seems overwhelming.

Excuse me - I need to go bang my head against a wall and then decide more paint colors.....

No comments: