WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years at the Farm

Every New Years Day, my in-laws have an open house at their farm. It's a standing tradition, and pretty much everyone's invited. So, depending on their friends' schedules, there's always a different (and very interesting) group of people gathered. Today's collection included some quite musical ex-hippies, a couple young wannabe hippies, a scattering of church friends, family members, entrepreneurs, a professional photographer, etc. After everyone filled their tummies and spent some time chatting, they found themselves out in the shop - participating in a jam session.There was a piano, violin, mandolin, drums, several guitars, bongos, maracas, tambourine and lots of foot tapping and even dancing! Though I can appreciate various styles of music, I have no innate talent. So my participation included ... (you guessed it!) toe-tapping and (what I'm better at) - taking photos.Alex even got involved - playing the drums (though I didn't hear him, I was told he had good rhythm for a three year old!), the mandolin, and the maracas. What he really wanted to play was the violin, though. Even before he could walk, Alex has shown a preference toward the violin. One of these days we're going to have to sign him up for lessons. Maybe this next year.I'm not the best at distinguishing some music styles, but I think today was bluegrass or maybe folk? They played songs like "Turkey in the Straw" and "Shove That Pigs Foot a Little Further in the Fire." Yeah - you read that right! Crazy title, eh!?! Being at the farm today was such a memorable and fantastic way to welcome in the New Year. With my medical crisis, 2008 was a rough year for us - hopefully 2009 will be a bit easier. But whatever it brings, we welcome it with arms wide open.

No comments: