WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's the little things

So, I'm sure you've heard of the five love languages. If not, basically the idea is that there are five ways that people can show love. How you perceive being loved isn't necessarily the same as how your significant other does. So, once you figure out how they feel loved, you know better how to show love to them so they can better receive it. (If you're having a hard time figuring out someone's love language(s), then pay attention to what love method(s) that particular person DOES - we automatically try to show love by how we receive it best.) So the five love languages are (in my own words): verbal affirmation, touchy-feely, gift-giving, unexpected acts of kindness, and meaningful time spent together. My love languages are the last two: unexpected acts of kindness and time spent together.

Yesterday Aaron came home with a beautiful bouquet of flowers! It was such a thoughtful gesture - especially since unexpected acts isn't one of his particular love languages. The fact that through the course of his day he thought about me, and decided to do something special to show me that he was thinking of me ... it meant so much!Last night was ... short ... rough. Alex is sick - we didn't know it until we heard him crying for us at 1:30 am. He woke up several times during the night with diarrhea and vomiting. Poor little guy. Once again Aaron showed that he loved me through this unpleasant experience. Each time he got up first to go clean him up, and then if it was a HUGE mess, he called me to come help too. But the fact that he got up first so I could rest a little (not that I was actually sleeping - I was waiting to hear him call for me) ... it meant so much!

It's the little things that say 'I love you.' It's the little things that show you care about the other person more than yourself. It's the little things that help to strengthen a marriage. It's the little things that add up to a very big thing. It's the little things that mean so much!

No comments: