WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Encouragement

Several months ago I was starting to get discouraged. You know the cycle - one discouraging thought leads to another, and if you don't "take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:5b), then before you know it you've spiraled downward into depression. So, I decided it was time for a personal intervention. I looked up lots of verses that had special significance with my health problems, but more importantly with the promise that God gave me that morning last February - the one that said that "this will end." I typed the verses and posted them above the light switches around the house. Tacky? Perhaps. But the constant encouragement I received each time I turned a light on or off - it was remarkable!

Here's a sampling of some of the verses I chose:

- Let us hold unswervingly to the hope that we profess, for he who promised is faithful. (Hebrews 10:23)


- Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1)


- Being confident in this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it onto completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Philippians 1:6)


- "I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." (Matthew 17:20


- I believe! Help me with my doubts. (Mark 9:24)


- "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)


- There hath not failed one word of all his good promise. (1 Kings 8:56)


- But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you. (2 Thessalonians 3:3)


- I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done. (Psalm 118:17)


My Bible verses are still posted around the house. It's been probably 6 months since I hung them up, and they're still giving me daily encouragement. Do you need some encouragement today? What are you doing to make sure you get it?

No comments: