WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Under a tree

Earlier today I mentioned how I'd love to host a dinner party under a tree.  I've dreamed about the possibility for several years.







There would be lights hanging from the tree to illuminate our conversation as it continued well into the night. (And of course, there would be no bugs or birds dropping "presents" from the branches.)



Unfortunately there are no suitable trees on our property.  

However......... 


....... about 30 feet beyond the end of our property line is this beautiful cluster of maples ...... and the couple who own that property wants to sell some of it ......... and Aaron's been talking about wanting to buy it ever since we decided to buy the house ........

Tonight we went for a walk out to the maples (I hadn't visited them yet) ..... and (it doesn't look like it in the photo because of the out-of-control weeds but) the land is level just to the right of the trees. *deep sigh*  I'm dreaming....

...... maybe next Spring.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Yes! Do it and invite me to your fabulous under the tree party!

Anonymous said...

Just think a dinner under a tree with ants...

Gretchen said...

Meeeee toooo!