WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's not all bad

I guess it's not ALL bad here on Dogwood.  I'm a little less nervous about being outside (from the bugs).  I think this little guy (photographed about 15 minutes ago) helps.  He lives under the hosta that's just outside our garage - or maybe it's under the shrubs on the other side of the garage - or the ones just outside our front door.  I've seen him (or members of his family) scurrying into holes all three places.  Or maybe his 401k wasn't hurt by the recession, and he has several homes.

Looks like he found a couple goldfish dropped by a certain 2 yr old (and not picked up by a certain mother).

Alex asked if - since he obviously likes goldfish - we can train him to like people, and bring him inside as a pet.  Ummmmmm - I'm guessing - no.  But the boys do like watching him!

Then just as I was walking to the computer to download Chip's pictures, I glanced out the window and saw Bambi's mother having lunch.


Let's hope she stays out of my garden, or she'll be grazing in the meadow in the sky!  That would make my boys sad, but I'm sure their dad wouldn't mind an excuse for some deer jerky.

So, I guess it can't all be bad here on Dogwood.  We are the new neighbors, after all, and it looks like the long-term residents don't seem to mind being outside.  Maybe I should give the outdoors another shot.  I am bigger than the bugs, after all. ..... Hmmmmm. We'll see.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

"Grazing in the meadow in the sky" made me laugh out loud...isn't nature wonderful? Usually? Minus the bugs?!?!?! Good luck venturing out.