WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

And so I stand

So - I'm taking a ladies' Bible study on the book of Ruth - Thursday evenings this summer at a local church.  It's not the church we attend - and I only have one kind-of acquaintance at the church - and one acquaintance in the Bible Study (though she's not in my group).  Tonight was the third week - and it was excellent discussion once again.  




Each week on the way there and back I have Chris Tomlin playing on Pandora (on my Droid) as I drive.  And, each evening on the way back, the song "In Christ Alone" has played - each time performed by a different artist - each time right about the same spot on my journey home.  Coincidence?  I think not.

This song always "hits me hard" - and I end up crying each Thursday night.  So, tonight I decided to blog the lyrics.  This blog isn't "for you." It's for ME.  It's a reminder to me that I'm claiming it - all of it - especially the bolded parts.



In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm

What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand

In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless Babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save

'Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live, I live

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again

And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From a life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny

No power of hell, no scheme of man
Could ever pluck me from His hand
'Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I stand

I will stand, I will stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground, all other ground
Is sinking sand, is sinking sand
So I stand

No comments: