I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...


Friday, February 26, 2010


Travel is part of Aaron's job.  It has been for probably 4 years now.  The first couple trips were tough on me (especially since I was sick, but undiagnosed at the time). But I learned how to make it work for us, and our (at that time only one) son.

Before we relocated to Pittsburgh, Aaron spent 9 weeks working out here, while I was back in Mechanicsburg with the boys. At first I was still showing the house (what a task, while fighting exhaustion from being the sole parent M-F AND struggling with pulmonary hypertension!).  But then, after it finally went under contract, it was my job to pack it up and get ready to move the family across state.  (Actually, a FABULOUS girlfriend of mine did 90% of the physical stuff - THANK YOU!!!!!)

After we FINALLY moved to the Pittsburgh area, and were all under one roof again I prayed SO HARD that God would give me an emotional & physical break from Aaron traveling for work.  Those 9 weeks were incredibly difficult for me.  God was VERY gracious, and Aaron has done next to no traveling in the 4 months since we moved. That time seems to have come to an end.  He was gone a good bit this current week, and will be gone all of next week too.  But I'm okay with that now.  I've had my rest.

This past week while Aaron was out-of-state, Alex wanted to make him an "I love you, Daddy" card.  So, during Harrison's nap I pulled out paper and markers.  For those of you who don't know Alex, he is NOT creative - he is 150% left brained - this is the FIRST card he's EVER made for ANYONE (that I can remember, at least) - and he's 5. 

So, we both "worked" at the dining room table - he on his card, and me on paperwork.  As is usual, we also chatted away.  

Soon, the conversation led to life after death.  (Aaron was supposed to go to a Memorial Service for his uncle - today/tomorrow in DC.)  Aaron's uncle died several weeks ago, and Alex has asked me about related topics probably 10 times since then, so this conversation was nothing new.  But this time - Alex took it a step further....

"Mommy, I want to ask Jesus into MY heart."  

So, after more talking, he and I bowed our heads, and prayed.


So, right there, in our dining room, while he was making an "I love you, Daddy" card, Alex got TWO Daddies - he now also has an Abba, Father!  After lots of excited giggling afterwards, he turned back to his card.  This card - his first (that I remember) ever - now has extra special meaning!

For those of you who are concerned right now, he's ONLY 5.  We did NOT discuss "hell" or even Jesus dying on the cross to forgive his sins - he doesn't need nightmares!  We talked about how Jesus (and God) love him even more than we do.  Jesus wants him to be good, and can help him be good, and will forgive him (if Alex asks) when he's not good, and that Jesus wants us to be nice to people even when they're not nice to us.We talked about how when we die, if we've asked Jesus in our hearts, we go to heaven to be with him.

Thank you, for sharing in our excitement!