WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Monday, February 15, 2010

Conference Follow-Up

(For those of you who weren't at this past weekend's Understanding Grace women's retreat - feel free to disregard this post....)

There's been some questions since the conference that have been asked of me - either directly, or through others.  I'd like to take a moment to answer them.

These are the books from which I read...


(The excerpt from Colson was on pages 84-85.)


(Yancey's definition of grace is on page 70.)


(Swindoll's 5 areas needing God's grace are on pages 182-194.)

A fourth book on the topic... 

(I didn't pull from this book this weekend, but if you want to study the topic in more depth on your own, I suggest it in addition to the others.)


Contacting me...

There has been some interest in "discussing" some of these (specific or related) topics with me some more.  I'd be MORE THAN HAPPY to talk / email with any of you!  Of course, I can't guarantee that what I say will be helpful - but I SIMPLY LOVE talking / thinking about these types of things, including personal application.  Feel free to contact me in any way you feel comfortable and I'll do my best prayerfully to respond.  My email address is juliafeitner@gmail.com  (Obviously mother has my other contact information if you'd prefer to write a letter or phone - I'm not comfortable posting my address or cell number on this blog.  With young kids in the house, email/letter is probably the easiest way to reach me.  If you'd like to meet and talk, let me know, and I'll arrange to come back to town.)

The personal issues I discussed were quite - personal and painful.  I was very open about them with you - I feel God's asked that of me as I continue to lean on him in my PH struggles.  But please remember that I AM my mother's daughter - I don't discuss other people's things with other people.  Like I said - YOUR story is YOUR story, not mine to share.

The personal application ...

I still have more of the hand-outs (remember - most of it was Swindoll's words, not mine).  If you'd like another copy, or would like a copy to give to someone else, FEEL FREE to ask.  I'll be more than happy to stick a set in the mail to you.

Blessings to you, ladies - only blessings (though sometimes we get our biggest blessings as we go through the painful times).  Thank you for being a blessing to me this past weekend!  I learned SO much through the experience, and I'll forever be grateful for that!

No comments: