WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

SNOW ART

Facebook is being inundated with people uploading their Blizzard of 2010 photos.  I've seen people's cars buried in snow - snow on patio furniture - trees bending (almost to the point of breaking) from the weight of the snow - sledding - snow forts - the list goes on and on.

This morning Aaron even attempted to ski down our (still unplowed) street/hill.  Apparently this is the wrong kinda snow for it - something about him not getting up enough speed to counter the top layer of snow slowing him down to a stop.  I didn't even get one good photo of his attempt. (boo hoo)

But this .... this I haven't ever seen before!

SNOW ART 
(FROM FOOD COLORING IN WATER BOTTLES)














This is the result of the creativity of a woman from the church I grew up in.  I think it's simply AMAZING!  (And if you've seen this done before, you can keep your "been there - done that" comments to yourself.)  I think it's ultra-cool and at the moment I've decided that she's the most creative person I've ever met.

(Thanks for letting me share your snow art, Laura!)

No comments: