WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Monday, November 9, 2009

the latest fashions

I was admitted this morning at UMPC Passavant Hospital to be transitioned from IV Remodulin to Sub-q Remodulin. This makes my fourth hospital stay so far in 2009 (at three different hospitals). I'll be here for several days (whatever that means) during this transition process.

Since I've spent so much quality time sporting hospital gowns the past two years, I thought I'd reassure myself (and try to prove to you) that even though hospital gowns are best known in this regard:

They can also have a fashionable side too:






.... So - even though it seems that I'm sporting a drafty gown a lot lately, I'm still up on the latest fashions. Actually, considering my present wardrobe, my hospital gown is probably MORE fashionable than what I wear on a daily basis!

(And on that note...)

It's time to start the actual transition, so wish me luck (and no pain)! Catch ya later!

2 comments:

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Praying for an easy transition and that you stay warm in your drafty gown!

Mia said...

Julia,
I am so glad I stumbled on your blog.My name is Mia and I was diagnosed with p.h.2006.I have been on all kinds of orals and ventavis for my p.h.but wil be starting sub q remodulin a.s.a.p.Will you write and let me know how it went and how you are feeling?I know God is watching over all of us,but its nice to be able to talk to someone in your exact situation.Blessings,Mia.p.s.please email me at-miasurgtec@hotmail.com when you are up to it...