WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Saturday, November 14, 2009

To the Rescue

I've been told to expect "some discomfort" for at least the first six days each time I place my sub-q medicine in a new spot. Ummmm. That was an understatement! It's starting to get better now (thank goodness). At least I'm not sobbing at the moment and I'm not doped up on Codeine right now either (though it did help me sleep better last night). For at least two days of this I was simply non-functional. On Thursday while Aaron was at work, the kids did absolutely nothing all day except watch movies. Their food consisted of goldfish, crackers and string cheese (even hot dogs in the microwave was too much for me). I'm going to have to be much better prepared for the next time I need to change my location, and have food prepared ahead of time. But at least I now have a much better idea of what to expect.

I am SO glad that the house was unpacked BEFORE I did this transition! It's messy as all get-out right now, but at least we're not tripping over boxes. Since this week has been so rough, my mother came for several days (Mon-Thurs early morning), and my mother-in-law arrived Thursday night and hasn't left yet. Thank you, God, for mothers! They've both done a fabulous job entertaining the kids (and doing my dishes/laundry/etc.).

Yesterday Grandma and Alex made
chocolate chip cookies!
(which taste much better when you can
barely reach to help stir!)
And this morning Grandma took Harrison
for a nice long walk!
Once again, both Grandmas came to the rescue when we needed them. Thank you!

No comments: