I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...


Monday, November 23, 2009

Balloon Sword

Unfortunately, part of Light Up Night is never-ending, slow-moving, extra-long LINES! I didn't think Alex would have been happy waiting in line for 30 minutes for a balloon character, so while I waited in line I suggested that Aaron and Alex explore the escalator. After all, what preschool-er doesn't love to ride them up and down? I remember as a child begging my mother to be allowed to "joyride" on escalators! I also remember with great fondness the one time she let me!

So Aaron and Alex rode up and down - and up and down - and up and down...

... again and again and again! They must have gone up and down two dozen times! But at least it helped keep Alex occupied and incredibly happy!

Finally it was our turn. Alex decidedly did not want a reindeer, or a candy cane, or a hat, or.... He asked first for a train (go figure!), but got excited when I suggested a sword.

It was like we bought him a Ferrari! (Thank goodness he can still be so pleased by free things!)

The sword was his absolute, hands-down, favorite part of the night!

Until he sword-fought Daddy a little too vehemently in the parking lot just before we drove home, and the balloon popped. Then he cried for almost 15 minutes straight. But at least it was fun while it lasted!

No comments: