(Not that you care, but ................)
Thanks to the three guys, two former college roommates, and my father-in-law who came out for the weekend (and have now all returned to their own lives)...
Thanks to the two friends in the Pittsburgh area (plus a husband) who stopped by to help...
Thanks to my mother watching Harrison at her house from Wednesday thru Saturday afternoon...
Thanks to two people unexpectedly stopping by with meals for everyone...
Thanks to LOTS of coffee...
This is what's been accomplished
in the first 60 hours on Dogwood:
- Moving truck, minivan and 2 cars emptied
- All furniture arranged in house
- All boxes in correct rooms (placed so we can read what's inside)
- Outside of house power washed (and 10+ wasp nests sprayed down)
- Inside/outside of two storage sheds power washed
- All shrubberies trimmed (and clippings cleaned up)
- Leaves raked
- Ginormous shopping trip to Costco
- Ginormous shopping trip to Giant Eagle
- (pantry, chest freezer, etc. now completely stocked and overflowing again)
- 5 shelving units purchased, assembled, & filled (basement & garage)
- Washer/dryer purchased, delivered & 90% hooked up
- Two tvs mounted to wall
- PS3 connected (for Alex to watch Thomas videos - not for gaming)
- Few items taken to my mother's house (1.25 hrs from here)
- 2 vehicles stuffed with things brought back from my mother's house
- Kitchen 85% unpacked
- Family room 75% unpacked
- Dining room 85% unpacked
- Harrison's room 75% unpacked
- Alex's room 60% unpacked
- China unpacked & placed in china cabinet
- Probably just over half of our boxes unpacked
- Guitar Hero competition (oops - guess we did do some gaming)
- Water heater drained
- Smoke detector batteries changed
- Oxygen delivered
- Ducts in basement sealed with tape
- Removed 20+ faded, chipped, and otherwise hideous garden gnomes from around the property
- Found 10+ more that still need to be removed
- Removed 3 hideous silk plants that were left by last owner (2 more need removed still)
- Burned-out light bulbs replaced
- Furniture put back together (beds, china cabinet, 2 dressers, etc.)
- Penske truck returned to Mechanicsburg
- All utilities switched to our name
- Adjusted water heater temperature
- Figured out how to use thermostat (after one very chilly night)
- Met neighbors on both sides of our house
- Discussed with guys (2 of whom are contractors) ideas for redoing our entire (ugly, impractical, small) kitchen in another year (after we can save up for it)
- Home Depot
- Finishing boys rooms
- Finishing all four bathrooms
- AND TAKING A NAP!
So far I've been good and followed doctor's orders and done no real lifting! 10 more days and I'll be back in the hospital - here's hoping our house's at least in tolerable order by then! I think we'll be in good shape - as long as our energy holds up.
Oh - tomorrow's garbage day - gotta go put it out.