WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

T G I F

No, I have not lost my mind (completely, anyway) - I know today is Tuesday, not Friday. But, this is a post about TGIFriday's. I know that most of us are trying to cut back our expenses these days. Yesterday a girlfriend gave me a tip (can't believe I didn't know it already, but I didn't). Thank you, Natalie!

At TGIFriday's, kids eat FREE
every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday!

Oh, you already knew that, good for you! (And shame on you for not sharing that invaluable info with me ... okay, I'll forgive you.) I just went to their website to find out what ages are included, and I couldn't find it listed - so guess you'll have to call them and find out for yourself. Her little guy is almost 5, so I know that both of mine are covered.

But it gets better - at least for those of us in Central Penna. In the most recent Clipper Magazine (that I think came last week), there's a COUPON. I absolutely LOVE coupons - they're like FREE MONEY!!! Anyway, back to the coupon. It's for a free entree with the purchase of an entree of equal or greater value. It's only good at the location on the Carlisle Pike. BUT - It's good till 9-23-09 AND IT'S REUSABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the situation of our family, it'd be like feeding four people (plus left-overs) for the price of ONE!!! Or as Natalie (who went last night) put it:
Not cooking, or needing to clean up,
dinner out at Fridays with my boys.......
bill coming to $10.59........
PRICELESS!!!
Yesterday I took the boys to McDonald's (for a play-date at the play place), and two Happy Meals plus my quarter-pounder meal cost $13.00 Just imagine - All four of us eating for less than $11.00 - even STEAK!! (okay - so I don't eat steak, but Aaron does...)

And since the coupon's REUSABLE for a whole month - we could (if we start tonight) eat there FOURTEEN NIGHTS at right around $11.00 each. We could try everything on the menu! And if we are careful, we could have left-overs after each meal! I know $11 each time adds up, but that's roughly what I feed the whole family for (if I was to actually cook, that is - grilled cheese is obviously much cheaper than that). But even once a week - what an excellent treat!

So - see y'all at Friday's!!! I think we're going tonight.

No comments: