WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Friday, August 21, 2009

Pulmonary Hypertension - 4

This is part three of four - this one describes what PH is (in a nutshell).

If you're only going to watch one of the four episodes, this should be the one!

This clip is 8 minutes 43 seconds.

There are VERY FEW differences between her story and mine:
1 - she went to doctor after doctor who told her just to lose weight. I didn't go to a doctor to tell me that, I told myself. I didn't go to a doctor at all about the breathing issues until I was finally hospitalized (and intubated less than a week later because I could no longer breathe).


2 - Her high altitude experience was in New Mexico - mine was in Utah. She stayed in the hotel/car the whole trip because she couldn't acclimate to the higher altitude - I did too (but I was so embarrassed that I was that "out-of-shape" that I didn't tell people that I was struggling not to pass out).


3 - She was diagnosed after a 6 hour surgery (to do a thorough check of her heart). I was diagnosed based on an echo-cardiogram and right heart catheterization. They checked my heart (a different way) after I was diagnosed (too sick to check it before).


4 - That's basically it! Her description of what it feels like, and her brain telling her not to do something physical, and being hurt by everyone saying she was just fat and lazy, ..... it could be my story!

Of course, I don't expect you to watch these episodes. But just in case you're bored, or curious.... It's a good explanation of what I've been dealing with for at least the past 6.5 years.

No comments: