WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Feeling connected

So, needless to say, the past couple weeks have been rough again in the Feitner household. Being trapped in a hospital away from everything (except the Blackberry that's being loaned to me), and lacking energy for even the shortest phone call during the ordeal .... I felt very isolated. God has blessed us with a great support network, but it's hard to feel supported when isolated.

Earlier this week (after being discharged, and home again), the doorbell rang. Standing outside was a delivery guy holding a basket of flowers. They're from my church family. It was such an encouraging gesture! While I was hospitalized I was visited TWICE by one of the pastors to pray with us. And now that I'm home again, I'm still not forgotten! (It's soooooo easy to feel that you're forgotten......)
One of the pastoral visits included a conversation about the amazing church service I missed. I was supposed to participate with a group of people doing a cardboard testimony at the end. But since I was hospitalized, I couldn't. [HERE'S an example one from a different church.] The sermon was about the PRODIGAL SON. I was so sorry to have missed the service, that after being discharged we phoned the church to order a cd/dvd of the service. When we did that, we were informed that at our church, if you're home-bound you can get a FREE copy! WHAT A FABULOUS BLESSING!!!!

I already knew that everyone who has nursery duty during church can request a free copy of the service. It's not fair to ask those who are serving during church (and those people tend to do it on a regular basis), not to be able to participate and grow from the music, sermon, etc. But I didn't know that the free service cd/dvd also carried over to those who want to be there but can't (because they're in the hospital, etc.). This is a fabulous service that before I dealt with a long-term illness never even crossed my mind.

But now that I've been knowingly fighting a progressive, incurable, terminal illness for over 18 months ... what has become important to me has changed. NOT feeling isolated .... that's VERY important to me these days. Life is too difficult (especially when living with chronic illness) to live it stuck alone in my house.

THANK YOU CHRISTIAN LIFE ASSEMBLY FOR HELPING ME FEEL LESS ISOLATED! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT'S BOOSTED MY MORALE!

No comments: