WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane

So, it's been ages since I've posted. I have so much to share, but haven't found the time to share anything lately. Last week Aaron and Alex (and his parents and nephew) went on their annual skiing trip to Park City, Utah. Harrison and I stayed at home - there's no way I could handle the elevation there (7000 ft at the hotel!), and Harrison's too little to enjoy it anyway. My mother came to town to keep us company (and help since Harrison and I both had horrible colds!).

Alex handles new things so much better when he knows a bit what to expect. So, since I wouldn't be there for some of his "firsts" like riding on a plane, or skiing (at least first time he remembers doing those things), I explained what it's like. Before this trip, the only other time he was on a plane he was 13 months, so he has no memory of it. But no amount of explanation compares to the real deal!

Hanging from the ceiling in Alex's bedroom are probably 20-25 airplanes. So, he's pretended to be riding in airplanes for several years now. Even though the return trip was so bumpy he asked Aaron where he could throw up (poor little guy!), it was definitely a GREAT experience for him. (Fortunately he was able to hold back, and they landed just in time for his stomach to settle.) But despite the rough weather, whenever he sees or hears a plane flying up in the air, he is so excited that he wants to tell me all about his trip again!

Getting ready to load up in the cars for the drive to the
airport in Baltimore. (Harrison stayed home with me,
Aaron was just holding him to help keep him
a bit warmer while I snapped the photo.)
Small boy.
Huge backpack.
Even bigger plane!
Watching "Madagascar" while waiting to board.
Aaron's Blackberry proved VERY useful during this trip!
"I can see our house!"
Aaron didn't have the heart to tell him
that he was actually a two-hour drive away from our house!

No comments: