WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Harrison Goes "Ducky"

Harrison turned ONE this past Thursday, so we had a little party for him - it was just us, but most of Aaron's family also made it. I felt kinda badly that it was so small, because we had a pretty big party for Alex's first birthday (at least in comparison, though no one from either of our families made it to that party). But the day after Harrison's birthday (and party) this year, Aaron, Alex, and most of his family left for a week of skiing in Utah, and they were all sleeping over at our place that night. So, energy-wise I wasn't able to have a big party this time around. My, how times have changed....

Anyway. Our peanut turned one, and I chose a rubber ducky theme. It ended up being the right one (by chance) because "duck" is the first real word he said (though that happened after I chose the theme). A couple weeks ago, as he was reaching for his duckie in the bathtub, he said "duck." Alex and I both heard it and were (a little too) excited - he was startled by our sudden bursts of glee, and started to cry.

The party was basically just dinner (pot roast), with duck decorations, and cake for dessert. I don't think any of the photos show it well, but instead of streamers, I hung pastel-colored paper chains around the room. These were left-over from a Christmas project Alex and I did (even though pastels are decidedly NOT Christmas colors...).

Harrison's sick - I'm pretty sure he has RSV, basically a really bad cold with wheezing on top of it. So, unfortunately he didn't really have any fun at the party. At least he is too young to realize what a bummer it is to be sick at your own birthday party! But, even though he feels quite under the weather, we all had a wonderful time celebrating his life. He's such a precious part of our lives!

I think this centerpiece is pretty cute.
The Pennsylvania Bakery always does
an amazing job with their cakes!
Since I have no talent of my own, it's the only place I go!
"Rubber duckie, you're the one...
...you make bath time lots of fun!"
Our foursome.
It's the best photo we got that night-
it's tricky when a baby doesn't want to smile.
"Happy birthday, to you!
And many more!"
"Ewww - this is squishy!
I'm not sure I want to touch this!"
"Harrison, you've got a little something on your chin!"
The best present we received last year...
... a healthy baby boy!
There's so much tape!
I'm gonna build huge muscles
(like Uncle Field)
just trying to open this present!

No comments: