WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day, we took turns and swapped kids with another couple that's part of our small group. It was their idea, and what a WONDERFUL idea it was! They watched our kiddos while we went out on Friday night - to dinner at Applebee's, Pier One (per my request - where I bought some realistic looking fake fruit!), and Cold Stone Creamery (thanks to a BOGO coupon from my Entertainment Book). Then Saturday night it was their turn to go out, while we watched their girls.

Since it was Valentine's Day (and I was trying not to think about the trauma of our last V-Day while their kids were over), I decided that the kids should do some V-Day crafts! Here's the first - Valentines! I have such a BOY - the two girls had such a fun time using pretty colors and gluing hearts on theirs. Alex only wanted to "color" with a pencil, and the only gluing was stars!

Next came lollipop flowers (consistent with the holiday, each pair of petals was a heart).
After dinner we decorated sugar cookies. I'll willingly admit that I cheated here and used the refrigerated (already pre-measured, just have to break-apart) variety. Since there was practically no work involved, they actually tasted BETTER than if I made them from scratch!
Then what should have been last (but the kid's energy ran out) were crayon hearts. I melted crayon shavings, and using my iron, melted them between wax paper (I put kraft paper on both sides of the wax paper so I don't melt it onto the iron or the ironing board). Then I traced a heart and cut. I also punched holes to hang from a chandelier or window. The photo didn't turn out as well as the real deal - they're quasi-translucent when held up to the light.
Well, this is how I spent my Valentine's Day this year - how about you?

No comments: