WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Love Affair Rekindled

We've now been living in our townhouse for 22 months, and TODAY I finally steamed the last of our curtains. Pathetic - I know! But at least it's finally done. Ever since childhood I've been a procrastinator - this is a trait that I've worked hard to change. In some areas I've succeeded. Apparently my wrinkled curtains is not one such area.

The final curtains to be tackled were the ones in our bedroom - they're 100% silk (except for the white inner-lining), which would make them a pain in the derriere to iron. When we moved in, and friends helped us hang the curtain rods, (I wasn't thinking and) we based the height of the rods in that room on where the windows were, rather than hanging the curtains on the rods to make sure the length was okay. Sure enough - the curtains were ONE INCH too long! Rather than drill new holes in the walls (and have to patch/paint the wrong holes), I decided we'd just shorten the curtains by an inch. With the craziness of life they never got shortened - until last month when my mother kindly obliged me and ended the seemingly endless procrastination. In my own defence (in regards to the wrinkles, not the length problem), I didn't want to steam them while they were still dragging on the floor - they'd just wrinkle again.

But since they are now an appropriate length, I finally pulled out my magnificent, proficient, inexpensive steamer - which incidentally is the ONLY thing I've ever bought from QVC. As Harrison took his morning nap, and Alex watched Caillou on the TV in our bedroom, I fell in love once again with my amazing steamer.

FINALLY - 22 months after moving in, the LAST item is crossed off my moving to-do list. And wouldn't you know it, Aaron and I have both been daydreaming about our NEXT house for several months already. Hopefully THOSE curtains won't take as long to be de-wrinkled now that my love affair with my steamer has been rekindled.

No comments: