WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Monday, September 28, 2009

31 days and counting

In the last 5.5 days I've been exhaustingly productive again. This week most of the things that were accomplished took much longer to do than the items the previous week. So, here's the running tally.

On Wednesday, September 23rd, I had 99 items to go.
Since then, 21 items were crossed off.
2 additional items were just deleted from the list.
This brought the running total down to 76.

But .... 9 more things were added to the list.
And 3 things I thought were done apparently weren't.
So, I'm back up to 88.

How depressing. After all the only real "sit-down" time I had (not counting my fabulous evening out with the ladies!) was last evening, when Aaron took the boys to Small Group while I stayed home. I sat down for the last 20 minutes before they got home. But, progress is progress.

My goal for this week (this morning through Saturday) is 29 items. After all, there are 4.5 weeks till we pack the truck (thank you to those who've already let us know you're free to help with that ginormous task). So, to stay totally on top of it I should do 20 things each week. BUT - I'm going out-of-town for 3 days between now and then, and my big sister's coming to town for a week. So, I've got to factor that in as well.

I'm also hoping to finish packing one more room and get all the art off the walls and wrapped. This will probably get done this evening. (Thank you to the two ladies who have been helping me with packing!)

Here's what the list(s) look like on the side of our fridge. I have two more lists ready to print and hang up (just haven't gotten it done yet). So, when I walk past I can easily see what's done (I absolutely LOVE seeing things crossed off!), and decide what gets tackled next.

Aaron's now working in Pittsburgh 5 days a week, and will be working right up to the day we're packing the truck. ... For those of you who think that sounds "cruel and unusual," we came to that decision together. I know people in this area who I can ask to help. I don't know people in Pittsburgh. So, it's more important to me that Aaron take several days off once we get there.

Since I'm so pushed to get these things done I'm sure my immune system's getting run down. (I did buy a bag of clementines last night, for some added vitamin c.) With all the sickness that's floating around these days, I've decided not to take the kids anywhere this week. I don't think I could handle even a cold right now (since my lungs are already compromised). So, sorry ladies - I'm not gonna be there on Tuesday or on Thursday. It's not personal. *smile*

Thank you to everyone who's been cheering me on. I feel like I'm training for a marathon or something! Only 31 more days till we pack the truck(s)! Four more weeks - I can do anything for four weeks!

No comments: