WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Operation Christmas Child

I'm part of a local mother's group called MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers), which is tons of fun, and I've gotten to be good friends with a lot of really great women. Tonight a fantastic group of those lady friends came over to our townhouse to wrap shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. We were planning on doing one shoe box, but had so many toys that we ended up doing two instead! The original plan included appetizers and watching a Christmas movie, but we had so much fun just hanging out and chatting, that we never watched the film. I've decided (yet again) that I'm so glad there are now ladies in my life!

If you haven't done a box yet this year, I highly recommend you take the time. It doesn't cost much and doesn't take much time, but is a HUGE blessing to a child somewhere who might not get anything for Christmas, or doesn't have many (or any) toys. National collection week is going on right now - November 17-24, so you'll need to hurry!

For more information, check it out:
http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/



No comments: