WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Friday, November 7, 2008

The love of my life

I'm feeling nostalgic today, so I've spent part of the morning looking through photos (that is between bottles, diapers, trips to the potty and playing with a toy train set). I thought I'd take the opportunity to introduce you to the love of my life - Aaron.

We met on the campus of Messiah College (I was a student there, but he wasn't), during my first senior year (it took me 7 years to graduate - long story). Our first date was on 02-02-2002. We dated for a year, were engaged for a year, and on 02-02-2005 welcomed our first son, Alex. (We got pregnant 4 months after the wedding - - while on birth control!)

Life hasn't been perfect for us, we've had our rough times. My illness is definitely one - we can trace back symptoms to our honeymoon. We both wonder what life would be like if I was able to breathe and do some "normal" things like going for a hike just for the fun of it. Another rough time was when I was finishing my college degree in English Lit while we were both working full-time jobs and had a newborn. We both worked varying schedules, and it seemed like we were two ships passing in the night. But whatever trials we've faced, the two of us have always been there for each other.

A lot of friends don't understand how after being together for over six years we still haven't had a fight. It's not that hard - we just BOTH try to put the other person ahead of ourselves 100% of the time - their wants, needs, preferences, etc. Then we take turns compromising. If something is really important to one person, then it's the other person's turn to go along with it. Everything's just always fallen into place - school, jobs, housing, social schedule, what's for dinner, who's turn it is for "baby duty," etc. It's amazing how if your goal is to meet the needs of your partner, your needs end up being met as well. Thank you, Aaron, for being the love of my life!

September 2006 - at the Wimer-Runkle wedding in Enola, PA


June 2007 - at the Kamachi-Cosbey wedding in Toronto, ON
We found out I was pregnant that weekend,
the horrible morning sickness was the first indicator!

January 2008 - headed to a holiday party
I was about seven months pregnant with Harrison,
and was hospitalized a month later.

June 2008 - in Pittsburgh, PA
We had just been told that my enlarged heart
had begun to shrink! Praise God for medicine!


No comments: