WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Monday, November 17, 2008

one fish - two fish - red fish - blue fish

Last night we returned home from spending the weekend at my mother's house in Wheeling, WV. I can't believe that it's been a whole year since we've been there - I used to go every 6-8 weeks! This past year has been so crazy for us - from the hospital stays to just gaining strength again. My mother's the Missions Chair at her church, and this weekend was their third (or was it the fourth?) annual Missions Focus, so we thought it was a good time to make the effort to take the 4 hour drive (each way). It was an amazing weekend reconnecting with old friends and making some new ones. I'll probably write more about that later.

The boys did pretty good with the long drive, so on the way back we decided to stop at Cabela's (about 10 miles away from her house). No, my 3 year old isn't into hunting equipment. We stopped so they could look at the huge FREE aquarium! Both Alex and Harrison (who temporarily forgot that he desperately needed a nap) had a blast watching the fish. Alex was convinced that there was a shark hiding somewhere in the tank. Harrison was fascinated by the fish that kept moving, but he couldn't touch (and was quite perplexed by how the glass could keep them apart). I absolutely love free fun!




No comments: