WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Daydreaming

- We're working on our vegetable garden - 
- The logistics of it have been figured out -
- That was my part - 
- Aaron's part is the muscle-power -
- That part's not finished yet -
- But hopefully by the end of the week -

- And I'm daydreaming -
- I have been for a couple days -
- Ever since I visited with a girlfriend -
- She's daydreaming -
- And apparently it's contagious -








Have I mentioned that I HATE being outside. I hate sweating, I hate dirt under my nails. I hate bugs. I hate the wind blowing my hair into my face.  I hate squinting in the bright light.  And I HATE that being hot makes it very difficult for me to breathe - really - it makes me think I'm going to pass out (lung problems). ..... So, I guess the real problem is that for the first time in our married-life we actually OWN SOIL, and I feel obligated to do something useful and beautiful with it. 

I've been outside WEEDING recently, and each time I comment (several times) how much I hate yard work.  I don't want to use Round-up to kill the weeds.  I was told that it's made by the same company that made Agent Orange and DEET - not the best track record!  But the weeds need to go (they irritate me), and we can't afford a gardener (by a LONG shot!), so I weed.  I've also been outside "helping" with the vegetable garden.  Technically I'm not doing anything to help - I just feel like I am because I'm standing there taking pictures and telling Aaron how cute he is when he bends over to pick up something.

But even though I really, truly HATE being outside I've been daydreaming.  Who wouldn't when there's such beauty to be planted?

No comments: