WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Our "Veranda"

It's always been my desire to have lived several decades ago. I would grieve the loss of email and my cell phone. I would hate having to wear a dress/skirt all the time - my ginormous hips would only look BIGGER! But ... I wish I had lived in a time when neighbors spent the evenings sitting on their front porches just socializing.

We live in a townhouse community - and don't have a front porch. We have a tiny cement slab stoop. We've turned into the type of people who sit on their cement stoop and visit with neighbors - who inevitably hear our kids and come out 'cause they've learned (over the past TWO YEARS of us doing this) that we're out there with them. Yeah, I know that sitting on a cement stoop is "SO GHETTO" - but oh well. We've formed relationships with the people in several of the other townhouses JUST BECAUSE we've swallowed our pride and embraced our inner-ghetto.

The other evening the boys socialized with BEAR (what an ironic name!) during his evening walk, while we socialized with Bear's "mama" and a neighbor lady from another house.So - if you're the type of person who would drive over to visit us, and upon seeing us sitting on our stoop think to yourself "how corny! That's so LAME!" ... Well, then shame on you! Good fences AND stoop sitting make GOOD NEIGHBORS!

No comments: