WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Taste & See



Taste and see

that the Lord is good...
Psalm 34:8a




This requires a physical action on my part. Just looking at a bowl of fruit or nuts may make me salivate, and want some. But I don't experience the sweet (or savory) flavor, richness, and fullness that it can bring by just looking and admiring it. I need to reach out, take hold of it, bring it close, and then - actually dig in!

There have been times in my life when I've been "hungry." At the moment I'm full (I was part of an amazing Bible study this morning). But just like eating, this satisfaction and contentment won't last forever. Don't misunderstand: God's satisfaction DOES, what I mean is that we can't effectively just fill up on Him once a week - or even worse, once a lifetime. We eat at least three times a day. How frequently do you (and I) feed on what God has to offer?

p.s. The bottom photo's of the fake fruit I bought on Valentine's Day - realistic looking, isn't it!?!

3 comments:

Matt said...

Such a good reminder and I agree, Bible study was AMAZING today. (BTW-I had to chuckle that you included pistachios in your pics given all the recent bad press. I love pistachios.)

Matt said...

Oops. Just in case you're wondering, it's Beth, not Matt commenting. He must still be signed into blogger. Not yet used to having two bloggers in the fam!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Okay, I promise to let this be the last time I comment on this entry, but just wanted to let you know that your entry inspired a bit of mine :). Thanks for the inspiration my friend.