WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Saturday, April 18, 2009

It makes all the difference!

So, it really DOES make a GIANT difference who you marry (or who's the other parent of your kids)! You know how the saying goes, "like father, like son." Harrison's now 13 months, and sure enough his favorite activity has become talking on the cell phone just like Daddy! For those of you who don't understand where that fascination comes from, Aaron works for Verizon Wireless, and due to the nature of his job, he has 12 phone lines and during working hours almost ALWAYS has a phone (or earpiece) stuck to his head! In fact, he's so used to it being there, that when his work day's done I often have to remind him to take out the earpiece, but his Blackberry is always on his hip!

I'm SO GRATEFUL that I didn't marry a guy who's angry, or an abuser, or curses, or says derogatory comments about other people. I'm grateful I didn't marry a guy who avoids his family, or is "self-centered," or.....

Emulating Daddy to these boys means (1) working hard, but then when work's done, playing and having lots of fun laughing, (2) wearing button-down shirts and tucking them in - I know it's odd, but when we periodically dress up Alex for church he always says "I look just like Daddy!" and (3) using a cell phone!

Harrison - taken yesterday.
I love his creativity to find a stylus to use - even though the Storm doesn't use one, some PDAs do!Alex at 11 months - before we let him touch any of our "real" cell phones.After we finally realized that he wasn't going to stop finding and "using" our "real" cell phones!

No comments: