WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Trimming the Tree

Last year when it came time to put up the Christmas decorations, I was too tired (sick) to do anything, so I spent the whole day pestering Aaron to put up decoration after decoration. This year, I did much better, but still couldn't go it alone. Since there wasn't anything we wanted to get from the Black Friday sales this year, we got our tree and decorated it instead. The next day a girlfriend came over to help us finish the decorating. It was her birthday gift to me - and was appreciated so very much! I'm definitely no Martha Stewart. But here are some pics anyway.

This is the first year that we let Alex help decorate.
The past several years we trimmed the tree after he went to bed.

The finished product. Even though I have young kids,
I refuse to move the breakable ornaments higher.
They need to learn not to touch them.

The current table centerpiece.
This will probably change soon since I get bored easily.

My Golden "Unchie".
An ornament given to me in honor of my goldfish in college.
May he rest in peace.

This year's addition - given to us by my mother-in-law.

The real reason for the season - this was a wedding gift.

No comments: