WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Angel

So, this has been a rough week. I've been exhausted a lot again, and doing less and less around the house. Some days even getting a shower has been more than I could handle - and I have two little ones not only to care for, but also nurture. Recently I had been so tired that I didn't do any tidying at all for the better part of a week. Needless to say (with a toddler, a crawler/cruiser, and a busy husband) the house was a wreck! You couldn't find the couches, counters, table, etc. It was just disgusting. But it was either clean up or care for the kiddos - I chose the kiddos. (Side note - I'm starting a new pill tonight called Tracleer that's supposed to help take care of this problem. So, please join me in praying it works.)

Every December I get together for a long weekend with two college roommates and celebrate Christmas and our friendship. This year it's my turn to host it. To the outsider it might seem like extra work for me since I want the house to be tidy, and plan the meals & activities. But considering what our lives look like right now it's actually easier for me this way. Otherwise I'd need to get an oxygen system delivered, and lots of other things too. But considering how messy the house has been lately I was stressing a bit. The girls who are coming really don't care about that type of thing - they'd probably roll up their sleeves and help get it in order. But it's supposed to be a fun time, so I didn't want them to have to do that.

Then ........ out of the blue, on Monday, I received a text message from the girl who introduced me to Aaron (and also played the harp at our wedding). She had a couple free days and wanted to drive the two hours to come help me. I almost cried! So, a couple hours later she showed up and got right to work! And work she DID ... basket after basket of laundry, vacuuming, dusting, piles and piles of dishes, grocery shopping, taking out the trash, baby care, cooking, helping me run errands ... I could go on and on!

So, I wanted to say thank you to Melissa for being my angel this week. "THANK YOU!" I don't have any recent digital photos, but here's two oldie but goodies.

Melissa with Sonya, her parents former dog.

Repelling in Wyoming with Aaron.

1 comment:

neo said...

Sorry to hear you've been feeling so tired. Let's hope that medicine works! Crossin' mah fingers. =)

And wow, you're lucky to have such good friends standing by when they can; That's really cool.

Hope you'll get better & you'll be able to keep things in tip-top shape again!

Watchin',

Izzy ^_^

P.S.,

I know you have no idea who I am, but it's the internet; Whaddaya gonna do?