WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lunchbox Notes

... here's a little background ...

I have a girlfriend (Beth) who has a really popular decorating blog - The Stories of A2Z.  Before we relocated last year, Beth and I were at the same MOPS table, & attended the same ladies' Bible study.  Beth (and her blog) are simply amazing!  You really should check it out!

Beth has a younger sister (Christianne) who also has a fabulous blog - Little Page Turners (all about amazing kids' books and related crafts / activities).  Several days ago she posted about cute little lunch notes she was putting in her daughter's kindergarten lunches.  You can read her FABULOUS post HERE.

Christianne originally found the idea on the blog Cap Creations.  You can read her original post HERE.  She's the one who created the notes Christianne used - as well as "notes" and "Bible verse cards" to include in lunch boxes.  Make sure you check her out!!!

... So ... now that I'm not plagiarizing ...

Alex began Kindergarten earlier this month, and TODAY was the first day of "extended day" where he stays till 3 pm!  He's going to a Montessori school, so 2 days a week he'll be there just in the mornings, and 3 days a week he'll be staying all day with seven other 5 year olds for more "directed" learning.

... So, TODAY was his first time packing a lunch for school.  He was thrilled that I finally caved and let him get a Thomas lunchbox (I'm not sure he'll EVER grow out of trains!), and excitedly held his lunchbox on his lap with BOTH hands the whole way to school this morning!


When he opened his lunch today, he was surprised to find a note from me tucked inside!  The next couple weeks, I'll put a joke inside each day! (I might change up the "theme" of the notes in the future, we'll see.)  Cap Creations has ones on her blog that you can print and cut apart, but I decided to just copy her idea and make my own.  I googled "kids jokes" and went from there.  (I can't figure out how to turn the document into a .jpeg - so I printed and took a picture. Sigh.) I created a document with the jokes, printed it on card stock, and cut them apart!  Here's page one... (If you're having trouble reading it, click on the image to make it larger.)


I think he's gonna be thrilled!

No comments: