WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Organized Chaos - Highlights

Sorry for "abandoning" you lately....  This has been a crazy last month or so, and the chaos isn't slowing down anytime soon.  First of all, for those of you who've been calling and emailing me - I'm fine.  I haven't had any health-related problems in several months now.  Actually, it's been seven months since my last hospitalization - praise God!

We've been busy putting down roots here in the community.  New friendships take work, new churches take involvement, new houses take cleaning and personalizing, and new yards take LOTS of weeding. (Speaking of weeding - there's LOTS more that needs to be done, so if any of you gardeners out there are wondering how to fill up an empty day on your calendar, give me a call! I'd LOVE the help!)

June is a CRAZY month for us.  Aaron's traveling 12 days (almost all of them for work), I'm traveling 2 days, and we have two sets of house guests, for a total of 10 days.  Alex is participating in 2 VBS programs and 1 week of Monetessori School Camp (he'll be attending kindergarten there in the Fall).  I feel like Aaron and I are ships passing in the night right now. And though we both HATE living this way, we're both so grateful that God's giving me the strength to juggle everything - well, most things.  My housework's suffering, but the dust will wait for me, right? *grin*  Seriously though, life is crazy at the moment - a good crazy.

There have been soooooo many posts I've wanted to do the past several weeks, but they just haven't gotten done.  At this point I'm not sure if they even will, so here are some highlights of our lives since mid-April.

Friends (and their 4 kids) came out for the weekend, and the husband (who's a carpenter), created a built-in for Alex's room.  Aaron had a great time helping him.  It's now finally primed, and has the first coat of white paint on it.  I'm hoping to finish coat #2 before other friends come next weekend.  (I'm hoping that husband will help install the doors that go on the bottom sections.)  I can't find any pics at the moment of the built-ins once I started painting.


When that family (with the 4 kids) visited, everyone went to the Pittsburgh Zoo. (I stayed home since I can't handle that much walking. But Aaron saw scooters you can rent there, so next time I'll go too.)

Alex finished up three rounds of swim lessons, and now (if he's not just goofing off) can swim up to 15 feet unassisted.  Since this summer's so busy, we decided to take the summer off, and he'll start lessons again in the Fall.



We visited Aaron's parents' farm, and the boys (all 3 of them) had LOTS of fun playing lacrosse with Grandpa!


We finally got our garden planted.  This first photo was taken before the pole beans sprouted, and before the fence was finished.

(roma tomatoes, beefsteak tomatoes, leeks, broccoli, pole beans)

(lettuce, onions, green pepper, thyme, rosemary, cilantro, oregano, chives, basil, lavender)



(strawberries)



Oh, also 2 types of blueberries in pots that haven't gone in the ground yet.  And apparently those were blackberry bushes in the yard, not raspberry.  So, I'm gonna have to locate one of those press things to de-seed them before July so I can make jam! Yummy!

Ummmm. Well, that should at least get you up to date as far as the big things go in the Feitner Adventure.  Aaron's flight gets in tonight around 11:30, and Alex and I are heading to Central Penna around 7 tomorrow morning.  I should go tidy up the house and start packing.  Catch ya later!

No comments: