WELCOME

I'm a full-time wife and mom of two adorable boys. When I'm not busy trying to keep up with them I enjoy photography, traveling, planning parties and a little bit of reading.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal lung illness, though God promised me a full and complete healing. While we wait for His timing, we're taking it one day at a time, and standing in awe of how God's using all of this for His glory. The tough road we've traveled has given us a new perspective on the fragility of life. Memories are more important to us than ever before. The goal of this blog is to share some of our family life - the ups and downs, the joys and probably some of the pains as well. It's mostly meant as a personal journal of sorts, but you're welcome to share in it. We'd like to take this opportunity to say ...

WELCOME TO THE FEITNER ADVENTURE!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Raspberries

Several months ago I told Aaron that I'd like to plant a raspberry bush.  I'd like to plant it in the back yard (outside the fence) next to a storage shed that's back there.  He loves raspberries, and was excited by the possibility.  I was excited by the possibility of making my own raspberry preserves (and saving us money at the grocery store).


Doesn't that just look scrumptious!??!  I found that photo online somewhere, but I'd love to have the real thing in my back yard (provided the birds don't eat all the berries).  So, tonight, while we were at Home Depot, I just happened to pass little pots of raspberry plants.  Since the Good Lord gave me two hands, I picked up a plant in each one.  I was sooo excited!  Since I didn't want them to tip in my trunk, they rode home up front with me.  

On the ride home, I got to spend some quality time looking at them, and dreaming of fresh raspberry preserves. ... But the more I looked at the plants, the more I began to wonder....  So, when we got home, I grabbed my camera and went for a walk.  I walked out the back door, across the yard, opened the fence, and went to the storage shed.  I looked at a wild-looking bush that's growing beside it - right where I told Aaron I want a raspberry bush to be planted.


And then I looked closer.....


I think that IS
a raspberry bush!!!!!  

Of course I won't know for sure until those buds burst forth. But, isn't that what it looks like to you??? I'm not sure what to make of this.  Either I subconsciously knew that's what it was, or, God has a sense of humor, or SOMETHING!

So, we have two perfect little raspberry plants free for the taking if anyone's interested!  I'm gonna need to spend some time tomorrow researching how to trim wild-looking raspberry bushes.  I'd like to tame it so it looks less like a psychotic weed with thorns, and more like a lovely plant that produces yummies for us to eat.

2 comments:

Virginia said...

Keep your raspberry plants until you know as these might be blackberries - still nice but with more seeds! Also your little plants will take time to grow enough to bear.

Gretchen said...

Ohhhh the possibilities of it all!! I'm still hoping to be a Blueberry farmer when I grow up!